- 2 medium-sized raw chicken breasts
- 1/2 c. plus 2-3 tbsp. your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 prepared pizza dough, either store bought or homemade
- 8 oz. gouda or monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. mushrooms, sliced
- If using, put a pizza stone in the oven. Preheat oven to 375º.
- Place chicken breasts in an ovenproof baking dish and pour barbecue sauce over the chicken, making sure they are well coated.
- Bake chicken for 20 to 25 minutes, until juices run clear when the chicken is pierced with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut into small cubes, or shred it with a fork. Set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 500º.
- On a well-floured surface, stretch out the pizza dough to form a circle. If using a pizza stone, place it on a well-floured pizza peel, or place it on a pan or baking sheet.
- Spoon the 2 tablespoons of the barbecue sauce onto the dough and spread it out evenly. Add the third tablespoon if necessary.
- Top the sauce with half of the cheese, the cubed or shredded chicken, and the rest of the cheese. Then add the onion and mushrooms, and any other vegetables you want.
- Slide pizza onto pizza stone if using, or put baking pan or sheet into oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until crust browns and cheese bubbles. Slice and enjoy.
Share it Now!!